Monday, November 27, 2006

Holiday Survey - Originally posted Nov.18, 2006

Ok...Surveys are usually lame - but folks, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I cannot begin to overstate how nuts I am about this holiday. The traditions and memories I have of Christmas are the most precious in my life. So after my friend Jaime Nunn posted this as a bulletin, I reposted it - and since I love Christmas as much as I do, I decided to leave it up as a blog - so here goes...

Holiday Survey...you know the drill. Don't be a scrooge!!!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Just give me the bottle of Rum!!! HAHA!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?? Is this a serious question???

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?? White. and Lots of it....

4. Do you hang mistletoe?? never have, but now that i'm single, I'm gonna do my best to wind up under as much of it as I can.... Ladies?????

5. When do you put your decorations up?? Between Thanksgiving and my birthday (Dec 1)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)??
TUUUUURRkey, turkey turkey turkey.....

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:?
Duh!!! The Christmas Eve anticipation!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa??
Local Second Grade Mean Girl Celeste from Hale Center, TX. I was crushed. I bet Santa never brought her another thing!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?? The very idea!!!! NO!!!!!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?? With ornaments my kids have made.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?? In Texas??!! Get real.

12. Can you ice skate?? Badly

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?? Six Flags Season Passes in seventh grade!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?? Family, and passing on my love of Christmas to my sons.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?? Now: Pumpkin Pie
Then: Bird Terd Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition??

You name it. I love them all. Christmas is by far the most amazing, magical season of the year. But my favorite is decorating. Extreme decorating. With many, many thousands of white lights - tasteful of course, and completely symmetrical, equidistant, and in perfectly straight lines. I'm a bit of a light freak.


17. What tops your tree?? nuttin.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?? giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?? Oh Come Emmanuel and Oh Holy Night (Same as Jaime)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Not really my thing. I'll eat it once the pie is gone ;)

No comments: