Monday, November 27, 2006

Settled - Originally posted November 17, 2006

Ok folks. Thanks so very much for your prayers for me and for my family. Joy and I have settled our divorce and it should be final before the end of the month. I cannot overstate how completely relieved I am to finally have this chapter behind me. It is, of course, bittersweet....but I can now put this in my rear view mirror and focus on my kids and on my new life. Many thanks to my attorney, Kyle Basinger, and his assistant, Cristi Wilson-Fager at Collins and Basinger, PC in Dallas, TX. They facilitated a fair process that took into account the best interests of my kids and of my ability to continue to provide for them and be active in their lives. They did so in a way that was fair to Joy. I wish her all the best as she begins the process of continuing her education. I will always love her and respect her as the mother of my four precious boys. I am sorry for the many things that I have done over the course of our marriage that made it impossible for her to continue to be married to me.

This being the case, I know that there may be some hard moments in the next few weeks as the finality of it all hits me. Please continue to pray for me and for my family as we begin the first holiday season as a broken family.

I cannot tell you all how much your love and support has meant to me this past year. God bless you all.

No comments: